While none of us could have foreseen the challenge that we’re currently facing, it's heartwarming to see people coming together in such a socially responsible way. Unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures, and there is much we can do as a community to help get through this as quickly and as healthy as possible.
Here are the best ways we can continue to fight this battle together:
1. Wash your hands often and properly – This means with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
2. Avoid touching your face – Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
3. Practice Social Distancing – This means staying home as much as possible, as well as maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet from other people when in public.
4. Stay home if you’re sick – If you’re feeling under the weather, stay home and rest. It’s the best thing for both yourself and others.
5. Cover coughs and sneezes – Use a tissue to cover coughs and sneezes. If no tissues is available, use the inside of your elbow. Be sure to wash your hands immediately afterwards.
6. Wear a face mask if you are sick – If you are sick, wear a face mask if you must be in a public space such as a medical office or grocery store.
7. Clean often – Make sure to keep frequently touched surfaces such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, phones, keyboards, etc. clean and disinfected.
So, let's set a BOLD example for others to follow, and together we will get through this.
For more information about COVID-19, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html